NEWS & ADVICE : HOME LOANS
Hybrid loans – are they beneficial?
By Joseph Samson
Print    Email    RSS   

In the era of rising interest rates, the prime concern of the borrower happens to be the right choice of loans. Inflationary pressures have no doubt hit the economy hard but as ever the most hit always happens to be the common man. Costly loans put a halt to a lot of plans set meticulously by people.

When loan rates continue to fluctuate, the borrower is bound to get confused on the kind of loan he should choose which would benefit him the most. A fixed rate loan seems best in a scenario when interest rates are towering high. But the constant hitch that lies within is what if interest rates fall? Especially with long term loans, this doubt is bound to hit the borrower who would then find the fixed rate loan turning costlier to him as compared to the lower interest rates prevailing.

In such dicey situation, a loan product which seems quite viable is Hybrid Loans.

A combination of both the fixed and floating components of loans- hybrid loans were first introduced in India somewhere in the year 2004. The entire loan amount is thus broken into partly fixed and partly floating components.

It is at the liberty of the borrower to choose the tenor of the two components. Thus, if the total loan amount is worth Rs 10 lakhs, then in the present scenario, the borrower can keep 60% of the amount as fixed while the remaining 40% can be kept floating. The proportion can later on be changed by the borrower at his discretion.

However pre closure of the tenor of one component of a loan and switching to the other component might attract conversion charges or prepayment penalty. These charges vary from bank to bank.


Page  | 12 |  
(Comments Posted : 0) Post Your Comments
Show All Comments
COMPARE QUICKLY
 Select a product:
 

CALCULATE QUICKLY
 Select a product:
 

EDITORS' PICKS
What should you do if interest rates are...
Bankers concerned on RBI loan recovery...
Loan against Property: A shoulder to rest...
Refinancing your home loan: is it a...
The right age for home loans!


how to cheak my old houshing loan stetus im see my...
PINJORE: CaℒL Giℛℒs In PiNjOrE 09915787550...
PINJORE: CaℒL Giℛℒ In PiNjOrE 09915787550...
how to gate my home loan certificate

NEWS THIS WEEK
Canara Bank earned a profit of 60%. Feb 6, 2015
New Branch of Laxmi Vilas bank at Vijayawada Jan 30, 2015
Home loan EMIs expected to drop down Jan 21, 2015
Corporation Bank received MSME banking excellence award 2014 Jan 19, 2015
Home loan rates set to fall, after reduction in repo rate Jan 16, 2015
News Archive