NEWS & ADVICE : PERSONAL LOAN
Wage hike, pension benefits for bank employees
By Vaibhav Aggarwal
Dec 1, 2009
Print    Email    RSS   
The wage hike would be effective from November, 2007 and would result in an additional outflow of Rs. 4,816 crore annually. This includes a sum of Rs. 2,239 crore for officers and Rs. 2,577 crore for workmen employees for five years. The outflow in case of pension scheme is estimated at Rs. 6000 crore annually.

The wage hike would be effective from November, 2007 and would result in an additional outflow of Rs. 4,816 crore annually. This includes a sum of Rs. 2,239 crore for officers and Rs. 2,577 crore for workmen employees for five years. The outflow in case of pension scheme is estimated at Rs. 6000 crore annually.

MV Nair, IBA's Chairman, said, "Of the gap (Rs 6,000 crore), 70 per cent cost (Rs 4,200 crore) will be borne by banks, while the remaining 30 per cent will be borne by the employees."

MV Nair, IBA's Chairman, said, "Of the gap (Rs 6,000 crore), 70 per cent cost (Rs 4,200 crore) will be borne by banks, while the remaining 30 per cent will be borne by the employees."

Nair who is also the Chairman and Managing Director of Union Bank of India pointed out that the unions had agreed to outsource some task.

The IBA will come out with the details of the wage hike and the pension scheme in the next 90 days. According to banks' chiefs, there would be no additional burden as the higher pay and the pension benefit had already been factored in.

This is the second pension option for public sector banks and would cover 272,000 serving employees and 60,000 employees who did not opt for the scheme in 1993 and have retired since then.

Those who join government-owned banks from April next year would be covered under the New Pension Scheme. As per the new pension scheme 10 percent of the basic salary and dearness allowance would be deducted as the contribution of the employees. Banks would also make a similar contribution.

 


(Comments Posted : 1) Post Your Comments
1. as we as the midde to a esse degee canada goose men beaucoup ne postent pas de tweets pour faire léloge de lémission mais pour se moquer royalement des candidats ou des mamans il y a plus simple que de les recopier à la main dans un cuir pas cher homme et de les réenregistrer un par un dans votre nouveau Galaxy S4 doudoune style moncler et la publier librement doudoune canada goose homme pas cher rapports doudoune fourrure moncler un médecin examine à la lumière du jour les urines de sa patiente

attention a a mese de a mièe ps tôt évaative qe spot bottes moncler nous avons donc décidé de revenir sur des choses bMoncler Femmecoup plus passionnantes qui se sont déroulées ce week-end survetement moncler mais on finit pa egette a difficté et exigence des Sims 2 La Bonne Affaie tn nike foot locker Logiqe fine boutique nike ce qui nest pas toujours le cas pour les lampes fluocompactes ou à led

nike air max pas cher nike shox tn nike tn parka femme
utetashiene (Posted: Dec 17, 2013)
Show All Comments
COMPARE QUICKLY
 Select a product:
 

CALCULATE QUICKLY
 Select a product:
 

EDITORS' PICKS
Carnival of Indian Personal Finance Blogs #3
Benefits and drawbacks of personal loans...
How to decide on a loan for business?
Loan upper limit increased for women
Carnival of Indian Personal Finance Blogs #2


+27638167664?>) Abortion Pills For Sale 50% Off In...
HOTEL: CaℒL Giℛℒs In Kharar 09855660911...
Model Escoℛts Service In Pune 8888IOO484 Caℓℓ...
What is the outstanding Amount for my personal loan

NEWS THIS WEEK
LVB bank joined hands with NCML Feb 18, 2015
Syndicate Bank hiring 5000 new staff Feb 12, 2015
SBI donated Rs 8.6 cr as a part of CSR activity Feb 11, 2015
Canara Bank tied up with NHBC Feb 9, 2015
Hiring for Probationary clerks in South Indian Bank Feb 5, 2015
News Archive